The City will consider incentives for eligible economic development projects that fit Fishers’ smart, vibrant, and entrepreneurial vision. The number of new jobs, wages, capital investment, industry, and location of the company are all factors taken into consideration when the City evaluates incentives. For additional information regarding eligibility and incentives, please contact Megan Baumgartner.
- Property Tax Abatement
Tax abatement is an exemption of all or a portion of the new or increased assessed value from property taxes for a period not to exceed 10 years. Tax abatement may be granted for 1 to 10 years on new or increased real or personal property taxes. Additional information regarding tax abatement can be found here: IC 6‐1.1‐12.1.
- Tax Increment Financing
Tax Increment Financing (TIF) captures new property taxes and new assessed value from new development in a designated area to then finance incentives or infrastructure to support economic development or redevelopment projects. Additional information regarding Indiana TIF and procedural statutes can be found here: , , and .
- Impact Fee Waivers
The City of Fishers imposes road, bridge, and sewer impact fees for non-residential construction projects. Fishers may waive a portion or all of these fees as an economic development incentive.
State-level tax incentives:
- Payroll Tax Credit - Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE)
- Headquarters Relocation Tax Credit (HQRTC)
- Hoosier Business Investment Tax Credit
- Patent Income Tax Exemption
- Research & Development Incentives
- Workforce Training Grant - Skills Enhancement Fund (SEF)
- Community Revitalization Enhancement District Tax Credit
- Venture Capital Investment Tax Credit (VCI)
To learn more about eligibility requirements or to start the conversation, contact Megan Baumgartner.